Thursday 9 October 2008

The Last Supper(s)

Only 3 more days to go until the Optifast prelude to getting banded begins, so I have arranged a lunch out for the team at work today, as well as a final bash on Sunday night for the family. The plan was to go crazy with all that food that I know I will miss over the next couple of months or more - I think hot bread will soon be gone forever ;-( .

The really weird thing is, although I am looking forward to the get-togethers, I'm not excited about the food at all!. I don't know whether the pig-outs I have had over the past few weeks have proved to be fantastic aversion therapy, or whether I have reassured myself that I can deal with the Optifast stage by replacing lunches over the past week???

Whatever the reason, it feels fantastic to NOT CARE ABOUT FOOD (OMG who me???!!!). Food has played such a large part of my life, and has been at the centre of every gathering or celebration I am part of (I am reknowned at work for never being able to arrange a team meeting without "just a few snacks to keep us going" making the table groan!). But it seems that this week at least it is all about the people - who have been absolutely wonderful to me (except maybe for my OH, who is having a hard time figuring out where he fits into it all - but I'll leave that story for another day). I am really looking forward to spending time with them.

I have even found a way to make the horrible vanilla shakes taste great (vanilla is horribly salty (!), strawberry shakes are OK and Berry-Choc bars are YUM!). Someone on Yahoo mentioned putting diet jelly crystals into the vanilla shakes - so I took my inspiration from there and added pineapple jelly crystals and a drop of coconut essence - PINA COLADAS!!!!

LOL I just realised that I am more excited about a pina colada diet shake than a gorgeous restaurant meal - NOW I have something to talk about to the shrink on Friday!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

You know dizzy, if you are anything like me [being banded on 7th of Nov this year] then you have been training your brain already. Also, I don't know about you, but I feel so excited and releived to be going on a journey with some REAL support! I feel safe in the knowledge that many have been before me and that it will be OK!

Good luck,
Tracey